Getting Healthy!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

When you are ready to

When you are ready to
of Your Life. Life Motivates is here.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

What is the biggest goal you are working on today?

"No great deed is done by falterers who ask for certainty. " ~ George Eliot
When you undertake a large goal it is often hard to stay on track. Many will tell you that it cannot be done. Pay no attention to them.
The key to success is in your attitude, expectations, and in the conversation that takes place between YOUR EARS! 
I was at 318 pounds and want to lose down to 140. When I shared this goal with my husband he laughed and said, "In your dreams?" Later he started to lose with me. Now he is within 27 pounds of his ideal weight.
My doctor and I had this conversation.
"I want to lose 2 pounds a week and get down to 140 pounds."
"Great, but I don't think you would be healthy at that weight."
"But you said that was my ideal weight."
"No that is the ideal weight for a woman of your height, but you have large bone structure. 150 would probably be a better weight for you."
So I revised my goal to 150. My daughter-in-law suggested I join http://www.myfitnesspal.com which is a free site and I am happy to say that I have lost 62 pounds. It is not coming off as fast as I would like, but then I remind myself it was not gained overnight either.
"The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else." ~ Geoffrey Gaberino

No comments:

Post a Comment