Getting Healthy!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

When you are ready to

When you are ready to
of Your Life. Life Motivates is here.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Discovery of self

From my youth I have had a list of things I wanted to achieve, and they were not very well aligned with each other. My brothers and sisters used to tease me that I would have to be a jack of all trades. I wanted to be a doctor or a nurse...I spent 25 years working as a C.N.A. or rehab tech for the handicapped. I want to be a truck driver and I spent a few years driving in lower 48 and Canada. In fact I taught my husband how to drive truck. Note this is a challenge to a marriage :-) I wanted to travel throughout the USA and the world. I have been in 2 countries so far and every state except Maine and Alaska. I wanted to be a farmer and I have had a rabbit and chicken farm. I wanted to help those who are overcome with fears and feel trapped in a life that they hate. I have worked in a suicide prevention call center and am now a life coach. I wanted to work with the handicapped and have for several years. I wanted to be a writer and have within the past year had my articles printed in United States and abroad. I have a few goals yet on my list and half of my life to achieve them. I hope when I die, I will still have goals that I am working on. I hope I never stop believing in my dreams. I believe I know my mission in this life and believe that I am on the road to achieving it. I have never been rich in money, but have been wealthy in friends and loved ones. I started out this year with a new bucket list and I hope that each year I can cross some off and add more to it. Most of all I hope that I will always be a true friend and a true American.

A note I found in my email box.

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American.



Good idea ... one light bulb at a time . . .



Check this out. I can verify this because I was in Home Depot the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China. The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA. Start looking.



In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track. Let's get behind her!


My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now... I do not buy it any more.


My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico, now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything.


This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value" I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price ...The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland, Ohio .


So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here ..


So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets .... yep, you guessed it, bounce cost more money and is made in Canada. The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using

for years and at almost half the price!
My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!


If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!


(We should have awakened a decade ago . . . . .)


Let's get with the program . . . help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the U. S. A.!

No comments:

Post a Comment